Providing facilities for church and community outreach at The Corner Community Centre, Ramsgate.
The Maurice & Hilda Laing Charitable Trust was established in 1996. Its objectives are:
- the advancement of the Christian faith in any part of the world
- the advancement of religious education in accordance with the principles and doctrines of the Christian faith
- the relief of poverty throughout the world
- protection and preservation of health and relief of sickness and mental and physical disabilities
Areas of Giving
The Trustees' current priority areas of giving are:
- To advance Christian faith and values, with an emphasis on:
- making the Christian message accessible to all through innovative ‘fresh expressions’ of church and pioneer ministries
- nurturing children and young people in the Christian faith - helping them to explore, and grow in, Christian faith
- providing support for oppressed Christian communities overseas
- To support organisations, primarily those inspired by Christian faith, offering practical support to those in the U.K. who are disadvantaged, vulnerable and / or socially isolated, with a particular focus on helping:
- families and young people at risk
- prisoners and ex-offenders, particularly women in the justice system
- the homeless
- Relief of poverty overseas, primarily through Christian organisations working in the low income countries of Sub-Saharan Africa. We focus on projects which seek to improve educational opportunities and build sustainable livelihoods for:
- street children and young people at risk
- those with disabilities
In all areas the Trustees are looking to support projects which are financially and environmentally sustainable and replicable.
Level of Funding
The level of funding available varies. Grants typically range between £5,000 and £25,000, although the Trustees have the capacity to make a small number of larger grants each year.
Annual Report and Accounts
The Trust's latest annual report and accounts provide examples of recent grants. (Please note that the link will open a new window on the Charity Commission of England & Wales website).
Stephen John Haines Ludlow (Chairman)
Andrea Jane Currie
Paul Michael van den Bosch
Simon David Martle
Charles William David Laing
If you are thinking of applying for funding, please first read the How to Apply guidelines and Exclusions which are common to all the Laing Family Trusts.