Applying for Funding
Please read through all the pages in this section before submitting an application.
The Laing Family Trusts are administered and co-ordinated centrally. An application to one is therefore considered as an application to all. You do not need to make multiple applications; your application will be directed to the most appropriate of the Trusts. The following guidelines apply to each of the four Trusts.
There is no formal application form. Application is by letter, accompanied by a concise proposal (usually about 3 - 4 pages) including the following information:
- Contact details
- Confirmation of charitable status
- A clear overview of the charity’s aims and objectives
- Precise details of the project for which funding is sought including:
- Project activities
- Proposed start and end date
- A detailed budget breakdown
- Fundraising strategy: anticipated sources of funding, funds already secured, plans for securing the shortfall
- Arrangements for monitoring and evaluating the project
- A copy of the charity’s most recent annual report and audited accounts.
You may also like to provide a list of other supporting documents available on request e.g. annual review, business plan, drawings for capital building projects, etc.